Which co2 product to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike011689

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking at starting a 10g planted tank and right now i'm looking for good co2 product to use. I dont want anything super expensive (cheaper the better), but i dont wanna do a DIY thing. Any suggestions for a little 10g tank?

What type of lighting are you planning? What types of plants? Chances are that CO2 injection won't actually be needed.

I've got a light from my old reef tank...Current satalite 2x40w. I'll only be using one bulb as a daylight bulb since that seems to be a lot of light from what everyone is telling me...

one that interests me is the hagen co2 system. Is that any good or is it junk?

its just a diy co2 system which you can just build on your own. excel might be your best bet in a 10 gallon. its like a liquid form of co2 not as good as gas but its ok.

thanks for the info! any idea where i can find excel? I'm not seeing it on petco or anything like that...probably more of a LFS product? And what about those co2 fizz tabs.. I'm guessing junk since they seem like the "easy" way out?

Back
Top Bottom