which fish can/can't eat zucchini?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaPeanut

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi! I have a tank full of MTS that need something to eat, and I've read zuc, squash, spinach, romaine, and peas are all good for them as well as algae wafers. are those things okay for Endler's and scarlet badis too? (near future inhabitants)?

I have a betta and a danio in another tank. okay for them too or no? def no peas for the betta, right?

Should be fine for the fish because they have a mainly herbivorous diet. Make sure you blanch it before dropping the vegetables in the tank so it's soft enough for them to eat it. Also the vegetables are a great way to clean out the fishes system so to speak, it has kind of an x lax effect on the fish.

okay, awesome, thanks! all those things are okay for the betta and danio too?

and do I just let them eat what they can over night and then remove it the next morning?

So here is one for you. What about bugs? Ants, spiders, you small bugs?

No ideas on it?

Bettas will be fine eating a little vegetation now and then. Many people, myself included, feed their Bettas some blanched pea on occasion to help clear out their digestive system. They just need other meatier foods in addition to the veggies.

I would go with betta pellet witch it part of there nutrition.
Oh and a trear every once an a while would be blood worms they luv them.

Back
Top Bottom