white bact. bloom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is your tank cycled? If it's still cycling, it will clear on its own. I'd avoid adding chemicals.

It'll clear itself in time. How long has the tank been set up? Are there fish in there? What size tank and what fish if you have them?

If it's a new tank with fish that isn't properly cycled you'll need to be testing water daily and doing water changes to keep those fish alive. There's a link in my signature: new tank with fish that'll guide you. Good luck.

Bumping this because I'm having the same problem.

My tank seems to finally be cycled and the water finally cleared (had a bit of new tank syndrome) but now that the water is clear again but I have these white loogey looking blooms and they will NOT go away. I've tried the poor man's uv sterilizer (blankets blacking out the tank) and it isn't killing anything...if anything they've grown. :/ And now my tank is bubbling up! This only began after I blanketed the tank and started the daily water changes to fix the new tank syndrome.

Best part? My fish are all perfectly happy. They're eating, they're active, they don't act the least bit bothered by any of this and yet I'm freaking out. ^_^;;

Thoughts on if the white ickyness and bubbles are related?

Back
Top Bottom