Will honey gourami be happy in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boffer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Will honey gourami be happy in my tank?
I can only buy males in the store, how many males can I have?

I have 6 guppy and 5 Corydoras panda.
350 liters tank
I'm planning to plan some more plans

Attachments

• IMG_20200124_123039.jpg
    IMG_20200124_123039.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 1,645
I assume you mean a 35.0 liter tank (10gal) and not a 90gal fish tank correct?

If you have a 10gal tank stocked that much already I wouldn't do a honey in there but if you REALLY want one in there and keep up with water changes (30% weekly) then putting ONE in there wouldn't be a big deal.

That keeps it as a centerpiece fish, minimizes fights, and less waste.

I assume you mean a 35.0 liter tank (10gal) and not a 90gal fish tank correct?

If you have a 10gal tank stocked that much already I wouldn't do a honey in there but if you REALLY want one in there and keep up with water changes (30% weekly) then putting ONE in there wouldn't be a big deal.

That keeps it as a centerpiece fish, minimizes fights, and less waste.

I uploadet a picture of my tank, it is a 90 gallons/ 350 liter
How many for that big tank?

Well since its a 90 gal you could fit **** near as many as you want. 20-50.
Honeys are smaller and more friendly of the gouramis so they should work well together.

You could also instead get groups of other gouramis such as 10-15 pearl leeri's or 10-15 3-spot, 10-15 golden, or a combo of the those. If you get larger gourami's make sure you get enough to be a school or else youll have them fighting. Since you have guppy's I wouldnt get the larger gouramis.

I would also increase the number of Cory's you have. They love grouping and are much happier being around each other. Increase their numbers to 10 at least.

Good stocking-
15-20 honey
6-10 guppy
10 cory

That leaves room for more fish down the road if you want. Make sure you quarantine any new fish!

Well since its a 90 gal you could fit **** near as many as you want. 20-50.
Honeys are smaller and more friendly of the gouramis so they should work well together.

You could also instead get groups of other gouramis such as 10-15 pearl leeri's or 10-15 3-spot, 10-15 golden, or a combo of the those. If you get larger gourami's make sure you get enough to be a school or else youll have them fighting. Since you have guppy's I wouldnt get the larger gouramis.

I would also increase the number of Cory's you have. They love grouping and are much happier being around each other. Increase their numbers to 10 at least.

Good stocking-
15-20 honey
6-10 guppy
10 cory

That leaves room for more fish down the road if you want. Make sure you quarantine any new fish!

Thanks for the answer, Nice to know that i can fit so many, other forums told me i only could have 2.

I have just setup a new 50 gallon quarantine tank, i just got the 5 Corys, and will get more in a month.

Attachments

• IMG_20200204_161753.jpg
    IMG_20200204_161753.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 97
I have 3, 3 spot gouramis, and 2 gold gouramis in my 75 gallon for 2 years now with like 50 guppies, corys, kuhlis, Redfin tetras, silvertip tetras, dwarf frogs, and like 500 shrimp haha they get along with everything but each other.

How long do you guys quarantine is 1 months enough some people say 2 months is minimum but because of camallanus worms, what do you guys think about that?

1 month is plenty. A lot of people do 2-4 weeks. Depends on your comfort level and how the fish do in QT.

Back
Top Bottom