will i be overstocked if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kostasonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have

1 corydora (dont ask for the rest...)
3 guppies
5 red danios
2 RAMS
2 chocolate gouramis

I would like 10 tetra neons and 2 more chocolate gouramis. Will I be overstocked...????
:roll:

id say get 2-3 more cories, 5-6 neons and 1 chocolate gourami, i usually try to picture what the tank'll look like, but i cant really do that now, so i might be off

I'm thinking 5-6 neons and two 1-3 more cories as well .If the gouromis are doing well as a pair I wouldn't upset the bliss.

IMO 5-6 neons and 3 cories put you at stocked or just over.

But please welcome other suggestions.

Unfortunately the choc. gouramis are not doing very well as a pair...I guess they are both females as I can not really say that any of them has a yellow border around the anal fin and the fact is that one of them is chasing the other all the time. The harassed one has lost its color...

I read somewere that the aggresivity in this specie can disappear if the school is bigger...I do not have any other tank...removing it would mean giving it back to the lfs...

gouramis arent neccessarily (not) a schooling fish. this rule only applies to fish like tiger barbs. it works because instead of a stronger fish picking on a weaker fish, the agression is spread out among more fish. you could try adding some more plants, try and break the line of sight.

Back
Top Bottom