Wish me luck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob63

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After about 10 years off just started up my 90 gal. Going with a fishless cycle for the first time

That might take a while! Maybe add some shrimp or snails to speed up the cycle. Besides that have fun!

Never read anything about putting snails. I've been looking for ways to speed up the cycle without any seed

Even though snails don't leave much behind they've sped up the cycle in my tanks twice!

It actually look really nice. Do you have an air stone or bubble system?

Yes didn't have it in when I took the pic

Haven't decide yet I something colorful one fish I will be getting is a dojo. I got plenty of time to decide

Yes I've read just about everything thing on here about fishless cycles and a few other places too. Just looking for something to speed up the cycle. I have no seed from an old tank to speed it up. It's going to be a long month watching nothing in my tank and patients is not a friend of mine lol

I am also very impatient and it was not easy. But chat with us in the meantime, talk about stocking, read up about various things, plan your plants, even put in plants if you're going to use any live ones. You can make it go faster through distractions :)

Is it normal for me to be adding 2-3 gallon of water every other day in my cycle?

I was figured it was cause my water is at 85 and I have a lot of air too

3 weeks in and I still haven't gotten any signs of nitrite or nitrate

Back
Top Bottom