worms in java moss shrimplet tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
i noticed some weird little white tiny worm things in my fry breeding box i use for shrimplets the other day and now i see larger red ones what the? i have no idea where they came from and what are they? most importantly do they pose a risk to my fish and shrimp/shrimplets?

The white may be planaria; Google that fo rimages and see if that's what it looks like. The red I have no idea. Planaria are generally harmless but on smaller fish and shrimplets they might attach themselves (I could be mixing up my worms though lol). Is there left-over food and such in the breeder box? That tends to cause planaria. Try getting an airline tube and put one end in the breeder box and suck a little on the other end to create a siphon and suck out any leftover food/gunk from the box (check the bucket before you toss it to make sure no shrimplets are in there) then replace the water with water from the tank (does the tank itself have these too or just the breeder)? A few cleanings like that should start to help with the worms; reduce feedings too. If the red ones are large enough try removing them manually with tweezers maybe.

ok ill look them up thanks heaps and ill do what u sugested. Its only in the breeder as far as i can see. Do fish eat these?

i think thats what they are and the red ones might be larger ones ill try and get rid of them tomorrow and hope my shrimplets are ok untill then

Back
Top Bottom