Yay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My Ammonia and Nitrite have been at 0 for almost a week.

:) Can't wait to start adding fish!

Congrats! Make sure you skip the ammonia & do a big water change with temperature-matched, properly conditioned water before adding any fish. :)

This is for fish in cycle. Although I suspect our fish less cycle is on its way too!

Ah-ha! Well, this is great news anyway! Just take your time adding new fish & make sure you are monitoring for any possible spikes from the increase in the bioload while your bb adjust upwards. :)

I was debating 2 guppies, 4 dwarf cories, danios maybe black phantom tetras. For the school fish how many do you add at once?

I added 2 neon tetras Friday. I assume their bioload is tiny. How long should I wait? Another week is what we were thinking. Is sooner possible?

How big of a tank? That would probably make a difference in the concentration/acceptable bioload.

I had a lonely tetra before I learned they were schooling fish, and I dumped like 7 in after I learned that :lol:
but I put them all in a 55 gal, so there was no issue with spikes or bioload on those lil guys.

This one is a 28 gallon with 8 neon tetras. 2 of which were added Friday. Im excited to add more and want to do it ASAP but don't want to endanger the tanks equilibrium too much or the fish.

So do the 2 tetras added on Friday count? Or should I add a different species and wait a week?

Thanks again! :)

If you just added fish on friday, I would wait until next friday before adding your next species of fish.

yeah but they are just teeny tiny little neon tetras :p (kidding) ok sounds good I shall hold off. Thanks for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom