Your take...plastic aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is your take on small plastic aquariums?
I want to get a small 4 gallon tank for a betta, but it is plastic. What's your take on that?

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a plastic tank but it is easily scratched and therefore difficult to clean. Plastic does tend to go cloudy after a long time and can be stained by medication. Your fish won't mind it being plastic but you might after a while. I would go with glass unless your reason for using plastic is having a child around and want plastic for safety reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a plastic tank but it is easily scratched and therefore difficult to clean. Plastic does tend to go cloudy after a long time and can be stained by medication. Your fish won't mind it being plastic but you might after a while. I would go with glass unless your reason for using plastic is having a child around and want plastic for safety reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I am going for this one because it is a sponge Bob theme, which I wanted in a tank. Also, it is the perfect size for a betta that I have been wanting. I need a stand or dresser for it. I would love glass, but where do you get a glass aquarium that small?

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can get a really nice 5.5 gallon glass tank from most big box stores (Walmart type store) lets you design your own tank, I have also seen many small spongebob themed aquarium decorations of you want to stick with the spongebob theme

Personally I always recommend glass over the plastic (unless your looking for a child's aquarium) they just look nicer and are easier to maintain

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom