Yoyo loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Am picking up a uses 3ft tank tomorrow and have been offer some of the current inhabitants. Three 7" plecs, a 4" red fin shark and two 1.5-2" yoyo loaches. I have had to decline the plecs and shark, as I can't house them in my 17 gallon for the time being until the 3ft is up and running in a month or two. However I am intrigued by the loaches. Will they be ok for a couple of months living with red eye tetras and platies until the new tank is ready for them?

Of coarse they'll be fine the bottom feeders they won't do anything but just chill I had 1 yoyo with 15 neons 15 mountain clouds 2 breeding bristle nosed cats(not plecos) with fry, 2 pepper cory's 3 bala/silver sharks 1 albino rainbow shark and 1 red tail black shark they all went on fine

I was just a bit worried they might be aggressive towards other fish. I will take them and see how I go.

I loved my yoyos. They are a perfect species for a community tank. It's a good think you turned down the plecos and the shark as even your larger tank would not have provided them with a proper environment.

I know ;) I've seen a pic of them in the tank I'm getting and they dwarf everything in it...even the filter! Hopefully the man will find them a good home, or for all I know they might end up in the river Humber!

Back
Top Bottom