Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yoyo loach & Daria botia fight - All dead

I had 4 yoyo or lohachata loach with 3 Daria botia loach living together for 1 year .although there was some chasing but nothing too significant as all of them had their own places to hide. Recently I saw some aggression from yoyos and 1 Daria was dead.After that everyday 1 loach or the other was dead. Now all the 7 are dead .Can anyone guess the reason ! was it because of the fight or was it some disease e.g Ich etc .i have 2 clowns living there and they are unaffected & healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 08-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

It does seem odd. I have several yo yo loaches with bn catfish. The loaches are cheeky but I've seen them ignore sick fish. Dead fish on the other hand are fair game. I've got a 4 foot tank for them though so a bit of room.

Did you check water chemistry? Bacterial infection could also knock them down - were there any signs of infection on the fish?

Old 08-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks Delapool . Yes there was some infection and now some of my gold fish are also feeling Dizzy . Shall I do a water change.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #4
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by athens.asad View Post
Thanks Delapool . Yes there was some infection and now some of my gold fish are also feeling Dizzy . Shall I do a water change.

Sounds a good idea (temp matched). It should freshen up the water which I think always helps and reduces organic matter in tank. Big fan of weekly water changes

Were you right with treating?

Tags
dead, fight, loach

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com