4 Down . . . 1 Left To Go . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcquillian

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Salt Water Tank is a disaster . . .

30 gallon tank with BioSand which had 5 healthy fish for two months, then they started to die quickly. Had water tested and retested - fine. I am now down to my last fish - a marginated damsel. He is still eating, but he looks like he has "velvet" all over him. Since he is the ONLY fish in the tank, I have started treatment of RID-Ich to see if this helps . . .

I am new to this forum, and am starting to read all of the stickies and other posts. Anyone who has a personal recommendation - would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty depressed . . . Never had this much trouble with a salt water tank I had ten years ago . . .

Get him out into qt and treat with copper...fast. Rid Ich won't work. Just went through it. This parasite is nasty. Cupramine with a proper test kit saved 6 of my fish (lost 3).
Leave you main tank fallow (fishless, inverts are OK to leave in) for 8 weeks and you'll be fine. This is what I did and it worked!! :wink:
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom