6 line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyP

Aquarium Advice Addict
So it's 5am. I'm never up this early but couldn't find my 6 line in the tank before I went to bed. Today while the lights were still off I found him. Is he dead or sleeping?
Thank you.

image-2402337050.jpg

It could be either. Some wrasses lay on the sand to sleep, some hide in rocks and some bury themselves in the sand. Is he breathing? I wouldn't go poking him; it'll scare the crap out of him and stress him out. You'll probably have to wait and see.

I checked this morning and he was still laying on the sandbed upright position this time but seemed to be breathing heavily. Not too sure. I'm working all day again won't be home till around 10. I left the lights off only kept on the two actnjcs

6 lines sleep in a self made mucous cocoon. If he is on the bottom breathing heavily I'm sad to say he is probably not well. Good luck.

I was aware of that just never saw it before so I wasn't sure how he acted when this happened. I hope he's okay but I have a feeling he's not doing well like you said.

lost my 6 line, i cant find him, I assume he didnt make it. I will get another one soon from a different store, I didnt like the one I went to but it was an impulse buy :X

lost my 6 line, i cant find him, I assume he didnt make it. I will get another one soon from a different store, I didnt like the one I went to but it was an impulse buy :X

I would test your water and figure out what might have killed him first.

I'm going to add more ro water to top off my tank today. Would it matter if I tested before or after? I guess I should do before this way if I have to do a water change that would be best.

I'm going to add more ro water to top off my tank today. Would it matter if I tested before or after? I guess I should do before this way if I have to do a water change that would be best.

Slightly. For accurate result test after when water is at proper level.

Back
Top Bottom