7 weeks fallow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am treating for ick and my tank has been fallow 7weeks. I am thinking about going ahead and putting my fish back in the main. The foxface and the powdwer blue tang are starting to get aggressive towards each other. They are in a 55g with 2 percula's, 2 chromis and a coral beauty. My main has a uv sterlizer on it. Do you think this will be okay?

Of course you know the UV only treats ick that floats thru it. I'm thinking I would add the clowns or the chromis first along with the foxface. After a week maybe with no signs of parasites, I'd consider adding the rest. Anybody staying in the 55g?

no, everybody is going back. The 55g will become the qt for new fish I want to add. Yea I know about the free f;oating thing and the uv

Is there no way you can wait one more week, just in case?
I am not sure on which order they should be added to the tank, but can you add the Tang first, they seem to be more prone to ich, you would know pretty quickly if it is still in the tank.

Do I need to add them back a few at a time? I was gonna take wter from the qt and put them all in a 5g bucket and drip them for about 2 hours. Is this not the way to do this?

Do I need to add them back a few at a time?
I'm not too sure about this, but I would think you would add the less aggressive first. Some one else might be able to answer that one.

I was gonna take wter from the qt
That's a good question to, I never thought about how to do that either. I would imagine the ich should be at the bottom of the QT and not on the fish.

drip them for about 2 hours
I think this would depend on how different your water parameters in your QT as opposed to your main......

I'll sit here and wait for better responses so I can learn it too!

Back
Top Bottom