Added LR...woke up...and ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Its on my 2 clowns ( both host the same anemone ). Im trying to examin my angel right now...Is this it? Makes me pretty mad....

Should I setup a QT and hypo?

Attachments

• pict0005__medium__230.jpg
    pict0005__medium__230.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 37
I added a piece of LR from a kind of dumpy store and my clown got it too. I was mad. I don't think the LR was really even fully cured because it had no frowth on it.

Are you going to QT? Or how do you plan on treating it?

He is already gone....I didn't follow advice...I did put him in a QT, but didn't follow instructions....Noob mistake. Steve-s, hopefully, will be along and help you out.

You may want to PM one of these folks to move this post to sick fish forum:
Hara, BillyZ, lmw80, Devilishturtles, An t-iasg, malkore, lando, revhtree, Fluff, seaham358, melosu58, Jchillin, Zagz

I think Fluff is around right now....

Oh crap...sorry about that.

Im really bummed...this happened right after both my clowns hosted my anemone too...thats the worst...

What?!?!?! What happened to Steve-s?

Anyway, Marc, there is great info on this site for QT ing and hypo treatment.....I highly recommend it.

To answer you question, though, inverts will not carry the parasite. You will need to leave your main tank fallow (fishless--inverts are o.k, though) for 8 weeks. Good luck!

Is there now way to hypo my main tank? Imin a bit of pinch here....the only tank i have available for QT is a 25g tall hex. I also do not have a filter or heater for it.

EDIT: Ok imcleaning and setting up the hex for a QT. Im going to buy a heater...

Edit: Ok...now no fish have signs of ich? Should I just QT the clowns?

It is common for the ich to appear to have subsided, and indeed the symptoms may be gone. However the cycle of the parasite continues. You should QT the fish, potentially all of them for a period of about 4 weeks or more. Please read the following link. Your particular case seems to be in the Tomont phase. Be aware that it is almost a given that these parasites will come back many times worse if not headed off now.

http://www.bestfish.com/saltich.html

More info...

http://reefshow.com/html/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=137

Peace.

I have the clowns in the QT.

I cant seem to catch the angelor chromis, not even with the DIY trap.

I do have the Kent Marine copper free treatment but im hesitant to use it in the main tank, especially with the inverts in there.

Can a human get ick from handling the water?

No your BTA can not host the ick It will be OK to leave everything in your tank but the fish . QT them and treat. Leave main fishless for 8 weeks and the cycle will die. Hypo is the way to go in QT

Ok the main is now fishless, ill start hypo tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom