afterafects of itch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nigi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
first of all i am posting this for my bf, so excuse me if i don't use any good terms for saltwater aquaria.

So he had itc, or however u spell it. he incresed the temperature and it whent, however now when he lights up the aquarium all the fish have like brownish spots on them, they fade during the day, but he was wondering if it as another parasite.

Ich will go in cycles as the parasite goes through it's lifespan. The white spots may drop off for a little while, only to re-occur when the next generation comes around. Increasing the temp in a display tank may speed up the life cycle of the current generation, but may notprevent them from seeding the next generation. Ich itself is more easily seen shortly after lights on for some reason, and harder to see as the day goes on. In all likelyhood, he still has a sick tank.

Now he decided to use some chemicals, he is using kent marine the RXP. everything is fine except that the emperor is loosing colour.the only other fish is a yellow tang which seems fine. he took the water to be testes at the store,and he said everything is all right.

Back
Top Bottom