Aiptasia fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jigsaw82

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
I’ve got aiptasia springing up in my tank. I’ve heard that peppermint shrimp can help control aiptasia. I’ve also heard someone else say peppermint shrimp are useless against aiptasia. Does anyone know about this? Thanks

They are hit or miss as its a specific peppermint that eats them. There is a specific nudibranch that consumes them as well.
When it comes to aiptasia, the natural predators are extremely hit or miss. The best method of management is either a boiling lemon juice/water injected into the mouth or using a product like aiptasia x or joes juice. There is a newer product out there that forms over it afterwards as a rock, name is escaping me currently.

They are hit or miss as its a specific peppermint that eats them. There is a specific nudibranch that consumes them as well.
When it comes to aiptasia, the natural predators are extremely hit or miss. The best method of management is either a boiling lemon juice/water injected into the mouth or using a product like aiptasia x or joes juice. There is a newer product out there that forms over it afterwards as a rock, name is escaping me currently.

Thank you

Make sure you get it early and well. Stress can make these glass anemones release some of their 'shards' and make more around the tank. Same reason why you can't physically remove them.

Make sure you get it early and well. Stress can make these glass anemones release some of their 'shards' and make more around the tank. Same reason why you can't physically remove them.

Last night I bought a peppermint shrimp (not sure if it’s the right kind) and when I get paid I’m going to get some Aiptasia X

Back
Top Bottom