Alveopora not extending

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claysey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a fairly large stalk of Alveopora for probably 4 or 5 months now. Over the past month it has been extending less and less. Nothing about the tank or parameters have changed. My nitrites are 0, Nitrates are 10, ammonia is 0, I dose Tropic Marin Biocalcium as needed to keep the calcium levels between 400 and 450. DKH seems to be in the "ideal" area according to my test strip, and PH is at 8.2. Should I be adding other supplements? For lighting I have 4 96 watt PC's (2 10,000K and 2 Actinic) and 4 regular output 10,000k flourescents (25 watts each). The Alveopora is placed in the middle of the water column in a low current area. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Clayton

Alveopora are the first cousins of gonipora and tend to suffer the same fate. There is most likely nothing you can do, but my alveopora (before I sold it) liked med waterflow and a medium lighting.

I just read that they are testing the theory that a lack of iron and managnese could be the culprit behind the short captivity life of alvepora/goniopora.

I bought some "Coral-Vite" which contains both.

Reefrunner,

Should I move it higher in the tank or lower given my lighting? My tank is a 130 gal tank. It is 6 ft long and 2 ft tall. The Alveopora is currently in the middle of the water column.

Thanks,
Clayton

Back
Top Bottom