Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTA Care :

Size: 2-4 inches
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Peaceful
Reef Safe: Yes
Diet: Meaty Foods and Strong Lighting
Origin: Indian Ocean
Acclimation Time: Temperature Acclimate
Coral Safe:
Invertebrate Safe:
Minimum Tank Size:

If your lighting is inadequate you must feed them meaty foods

I fed mine krill right out of my hand like 1 a week like a good sized piece

I feed mine every day cause its a baby and regular feedings when they are small will keep them healthy and happy

I feed mine every day cause its a baby and regular feedings when they are small will keep them healthy and happy

Actually, the information isn't quite accurate. Anemone struggle with consuming large chunks of food to the point where it can consume more energy to break it down than it will actually take from the food you are giving it. In a situation where an anemone is not under proper lighting conditions, feeding it can actually quicken its demise. In this case, the lighting has been discussed previously and needs to be upgraded to support anemone and some of the coral that the OP was trying to house as well.

Mine won't eat chunks, I have to behead debone and mash it in order for it to eat. And most LFS don't keep them under the proper lighting much less feed them. I've had my nem for a few months under T5HO 4 bulb 2 atinic 2 sunlight and I had excellent growth of hard and soft corals I just recently upgraded to taotronics with dimmers and heatsink

I have to give this one to Sniper,

The light is the big issue,don't think is the food, because the anemone is still able to reach some food when I feed my fish,as to be the lights ....
The store told me was going to be ok, I guess was wrong....

Back
Top Bottom