anemone acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColBen112

Aquarium Advice Activist
Nitrate 20
nitrite 0
ph 8.2
salinty 1.024
ammonia 0
So i have a sebae anemone and he is looking great had him for 2 weeks or so and he has been doing great but now he sits up sidedown i will help him by fliping him over but he does it again to himself why is this i dont get it he really refuses eating but he is still pooping lol i belive my clowns that have hosted to it bring it food when im not looking but any help about his behavior would be great thanks also if there are ways to feed him

Sebae anemones are one of the hardest to keep alive.
What kind of lighting do you have?
How long has your tank been running?

I have had it up for about three months or longer also the lighting i got a 36pasx it does fine with my brain coral but i hate to say my sebae died the next day after this post i have no idea how good that light is though i just now my brain coral grows fine with it have you ever heard of it

I think an obvious problem is that you have nitrates at 20 ppm. I think that is no condition for a tank with an anemone in it to be in.

Anemone's are very sensitive to variations in you're tank water. With one of those guys in the tank you really have to be on you're game with parameters and water temp. normally if my anemones act out of sorts it's an indication someth'n is wrong with my water. 9 times outta ten i have a spike in something. They are awsome to have in the tank but they are tough to keep if you're tank hasn't been operational for at least a year.

Sorry the light is a 36psdx it just takes one does anyone know of this light i got it with the tank and as far as i know its pretty good

sorry about that had to post out for the airforce for 4 days alright i got the pic but if you need more just let me know please any advice on this light will help thank ya
i hope the linked worked let me know thanks

Attachments

• Photo_00004.jpg
    Photo_00004.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 88
That looks like a normal output T12 bulb. It's no where near enough light for any anemone.

Back
Top Bottom