Anemone help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need to be topping your tank off with ro/di water. Water changes need to be weekly to keep the parameters in check to have them pristine for a sensitive creature like an anemone.
May I ask how long this tank has been set up?

It has been set up for close to 15 months and I haven't done a water change in about 3 months because I haven't had time

So, you basically have at minimum 3 months of uncontrolled nitrates/phosphates causing issues in your tank. I would suggest making time to care for what creatures you are attempting to keep. A MAJOR water change will be necessary to begin addressing this issue along with testing your water to see what it is you are dealing with.

Ok so I got some test kits and wil test soon and do a water change

It has been set up for close to 15 months and I haven't done a water change in about 3 months because I haven't had time

That is terrible for your anemone, they need clean water. And not good for any other creature in your tank either. +1 with a large water change and normal testing of your parameters.

[QU OTE=Rpbustillo;2809592]That is terrible for your anemone, they need clean water. And not good for any other creature in your tank either. +1 with a large water change and normal testing of your parameters.[/QUOTE]
so when I get home I'll testa sn start mixing water. An how much ro di should I add at one time

You want to do so slowly so you don't stress things out further with a temp drop. But you will need the water level to have a constant point. I have it marked on my tank in sharpie.

Ok I tested it all and found that my salinity is way high it is at 39

Because you aren't topping off the evaporation from your tank. Salt doesn't evaporate. This isn't any surprise. When we talk parameters, we mean more nitrate levels. After months of no water changes, these are probably quite high as well. You need to fix the salinity and nitrate levels.

Well, there are the 2 issues in your tank. This is plain and simple to keep your anemone healthy and the only wait to help you is to be cruel about it, so I apologize already. These are sensitive creatures that need pristine waters to survive, not mismanagement and simply ignoring them.
If you can't top off daily, get an auto top off system. If you can't keep up with weekly water changes, find a friend or hire someone.

Thank you guys for all your help I thought I would update you that the anemone is still bleached but isn't as bad it is starting to open up and move to a spot it likes

Back
Top Bottom