anemone on come back trail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natman2

Aquarium Advice Activist
I visited a lfs in my area a couple of weeks ago that looked to be on its last legs business wise. I spotted a Florida condi anemone that was in equally sad shape. Despite having a very young tank my logic was anything had to be better for this animal than its current conditions. I don't think they were even bothering to feed it and its light was PC but by the looks of the bulbs and its awful state of encrustment I seriously doubt this animal was getting any where near the necessary lighting.

With the price being only 5 bucks I took the chance. Apparently the animal was healthy enough to survive acclimation and roam around and pick a spot in the tank for itself. I then began to feed it up, every other day feedings of raw shrimp and scallop. The difference the feedings alone made where remarkable. (duh)

It has now begun to take on some coloring in its tentacles taking on a brownish cream color as opposed to the stark white it had when I purchased it. From what I can find on the net this is generally considered a good sign but I thought I would compare that to opinions here. Photos I find on the net of this animal usually show this cream coloring that my anemone seems to be taking on. I am hoping that this animal is on its way to a better life but my experience with anemones is next to zilch and I guess only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom