Anemone Splitted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boricua1213

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yesterday my anemone split in half. Both seem to be doing fine. The new one is kinda hidden in some rocks. I think the anemone split cause it got too big (was the size of a volleyball). Its tenticales sometimes were on the surface of the water. But I also read it might be due to stress. On Friday I did a water test.

pH:8.1
dKH: 7 (low so added buffer)
Ca: 420
Amonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:10-20
Phosphate:0
Specific Gravity:1.023
Temp: 74-76 depending on time of day

All ok as far as i know.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Any reason in particular your tank is so cold? I would get that temp up to 78-80. Wouldn't hurt to get that SG up to 1.025-1.026 too.
What size tank and what type of lighting?

Well, I moved my heater to the sump so I wonder if it's working it is set to 76. I moved it back into tank and set it for 78. As for Specific Gravity I forgot to mention I added salt it is now at 1.025.

The tank size is 60gal. I have PC wattage 260.

Thx

Why not leave your heater in the sump, but set for 78?

Did you add the salt directly to the tank or did you mix up a batch and let it aerate overnight?

I took the heater out of sump cause I believe it was not running. Once i put it tank it is keep the temp up.

As for salt I added salt in a bucket of fresh water, mixed it, and added to sump. I did not aerate overnight.

Thx

What type anenome is this? I really dont think you have enough lighting. Most anenomes need intense lighting like T5`s or MH`s. Maybe VHO`s if you have several bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom