Anemone stuck in power head. Not chomped up but stuck. Pic help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnypro

Aquarium Advice Freak
21sq852.jpg
what should I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How stuck is he? Do you think he can get himself out or can you ease him out? It might be that you have to break one of those little rails to give him more room.

I'm going to let him be overnight and if he is still stuck I will do that then just glue it back.

Now he looks like this 2 days later. Is this bad?
Y3yu7B7.jpg

Water parameters are good. Only a part of the foot was caught. It never hit the power head just got sucked to the side and it was putting his foot inside it.

It shouldn't have been on the move to get to that point though, so it is unhappy. Usually lighting or could be a parameter issue...can you tell us more about the tank, how long it's been running, and how long the anemone has been in the tank?

The reason it moved was I cleaned a power head and it was turned right into its path and didn't like the water flowing towards it. It's a 135g reef running for about 8 months. Got the nem 4 months ago and was fine until I had the powerhead pointing at it. I have 2 120w dimmable full spectrum led lights.

Back
Top Bottom