Anenome Blues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidafius

Aquarium Advice Freak
My bubble anenome is looking pathetic over the last 4 days. He was looking awesome until then, spreading open between 8 and 10 inches and had a foot that was about 10-12" long sometimes, when he would stretch up over the shelf he chose to crawl under. Now, he is shrivled and it looks like he has to folds on his mouth directly accross from each other. He has shriveled up very concerningly, and looks like he is trying to turn inside out. BUT...he is still very sticky. Please tell me what is going on!!

Going to the bathroom...are you feeding it regularly? 2 times per week or at least once a week?

yes, i feed it regulary.....what concerns me is that it has been about 4 days......but the fact that he is still really sticky is a good sign, right? i was hoping he was splitting, but i don't know how long that should take.

Also, I have been taking pictures of him during this process. When I get them developed, and the problem solved, I hope to put them up as a question to people who have the same thing happening.

I've had it for about 2 months....but its a bubble anenome, apparently, according to my LFS. But i haven't found any pictures of similar anenomes, or anenomi, how ever it is termed. and just today, after my earlier posts, it started seeping a cloudy substance, very subtley. I hope it is splitting, though, and that was my original reaction. But I don't know how long that process is supposed to take or anything. I'll try to post some pictures of it soon, as I am documenting it.

no...its tenticles were basically one consistant diameter, and about 3/4" from the mouth he had a ring of white spots that resemble bowling lane diamonds, his foot was white, and his transparenet orange, and tenticle golden brown.....I use past tense, because I removed him from the tank this morning.....he had some trailing matter coming from his mouth, was shriveled completely, was not at all sticky, and did not respond when i turned on the lights....he smelled like a fish, of course. and was obviously demised. thank you for all of your posts, and I will sill show the pictures when I get them.

Sorry about that. Anemones are hard to keep. I lost one of mine already. But I'm determined to keep this one alive.

he had some trailing matter coming from his mouth, was shriveled completely, was not at all sticky, and did not respond when i turned on the lights....he smelled like a fish, of course. and was obviously demised.

When they dies, they disintegrate, it it didn't leave parts of it blowing around the tank when you picked it up...it wasn't dead.

:uhoh: Guess who feels sick to his stomach? ugh. i reall feel like poo now. :cry: :cry: :cry: thanks for the information

ugh. its foot was hard as a rock and he was slimey and slippery. and after 4-6 straight days of writhering and shrivling and expunging and smoking, I was for sure he was dead. but he did not disentegrate, although it looked like he was vomiting his inerds. :cry: I've gotta change the subject, I am really bummed out now. :(

Back
Top Bottom