Anenome sick????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ewelch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had a sebae anenome in my 30 g for about a year and it has seem to do remarkably well until recently. The tentacles appear thin and scraggly. The color has remained a rich brown with greenish tips. It's mouth is now completely exposed where before it was obscured by it's tentacles. It has doubled + in size since first introduced.

My parameters are all in check (0), except trates which just registered 1ppm, pH 8.1.

IMO the brown color is good which shows that the algea inside the tissues is still there which is good. Maybe it is just expelling waste. Let us know what is going on tomorrow.

Have you changed your routine lately, tried new additives etc., or done a larger than usual PWC? Do you do regular PWC's? If so how much? Any large temperature swings? Any corals or fish that might be bothering it? Do you use GAC or any other chemical filtration?

It has been like this for over a week. Also I have noticed that it has decided to change it's spot. It has had it's foot secured to the underside of a larger piece of lr and now it has moved it foot to on top of lr. This is the first move is about a year.
It fully extends its tentacles its just that they are much skinnier. (about 1/2)

ewelch said:
Also I have noticed that it has decided to change it's spot
That combined with the stressed appearance sounds like something upset it. Check my post above, some more info on your tank is needed.

Back
Top Bottom