Anything with this Bubble coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solidsnakejv

Aquarium Advice Activist
It looks like Algae, but it does not come off easily. I have not tried to remove it.

Attachments

• DSC02170.JPG
    DSC02170.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC02171.JPG
    DSC02171.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC02173.JPG
    DSC02173.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC02174.JPG
    DSC02174.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 83
Looks like cyano at a spot where the coral has been damaged. Have you tried blowing it off with a turkey baster?

That's a beautiful piece. I hope that area doesn't progress any more into the coral.

i tried to remove it yesterday and it might be Cyano, but i didn't remove it all because i don't have a good turkey baster.
How do i know if it's the brown jelly disease.

Cyano is more apt to be reddish, while brown jelly is, well... brown. Only reason I was thinking cyano was because it looked like there were bubbles trapped in it. That seems to be a telltale sign of cyano. When I've seen brown jelly (only once, thankfully), it didn't have any bubbles - just brown slimy goo.

It's hard to tell in the shots, but I would go with the guys above: either cyano or brown jelly. How much current is the bubble in? If it's got a good current going across it then it may not be cyano.

Still, probably the best looking bubble I've seen in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom