barnicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biss444

Aquarium Advice Activist
found out what it is on my torch coral, its a banicle. could that be whats killing it, does anyone know

i bought it at a petstore and i know it was on it when i bought it because i saw it when it was stressed because of moving it, i just e. mailed the petstore to see what they say

it killed two heads, sat right in the middle of them. went to the petstore, and they said that if i cut the dead part back, that new heads will grow out, i think ill wait though and let it settle down

I would just saw the head that the barnacle is on off If it's killing things and leave it in the tank. They're pretty cool.

If you use pliers you can break the barnacle off, I had three in my torch and removed them. The head with 2 barnacles died but the head that had one has bounced right back and is looking very nice and healthy.

I used tweezers and pulled it off my torch. Head is already growing back.

i cut if off, it was inbedded in the torch, dought that that side will come back,

You would be surprised. Of the two heads I had with barnacles the one receded and died but the other opened up a tiny bit then after about a week it's fully open now, way more so than when it had the barnacle. The head that died had two barnacles in it and I think it was just to much damage to recover from. It would have died with the barnacle so one dead and one survived not bad odds.

Back
Top Bottom