Been treating sailfin tang with cupramine for 4 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think he is finally clear! Of course he doesn't stop moving long enough to get a really good look but I can't see any spots on his tail anymore. I had been noticing less and less spots and now I don't see any. Going to leave the copper for a few more days and then do a water change and watch for a week to see if it comes back. About time!

Well I left the copper in the tank and I kept testing it and it was still at the right level. I get up this morning and turn on the lights and now he's got a few more spots on his tail again. I was thinking about completely changing the water and washing the pvc and stuff with hot water and then refilling and maybe trying coppersafe? I'll leave the filters alone that way there's still bacteria in the tank. I know freshwater ich is different but we used coppersafe on my dads freshwater fish and their ich was gone in a week and hasn't come back since. So I was thinking of trying coppersafe. Would it be ok to use a different medicine or should I stick with cupramine

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm also going to get a new copper test kit. Maybe mine isn't ready right. I've been hearing about salifert kits. What is the best medicine to use with that one?

Ok I did the complete water change yesterday and put half dose of cupramine in it. I decided to keep using cupramine. Well today the tang has no ich. Should I go ahead and add the other half dose of cupramine or just leave it?

My sailfin tang is still clear. How much longer should I wait before putting the fish into my DT?

I would give it a couple weeks and observe how it does. Has it been eating more lately?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's always eaten like a pig. Even when he was covered in ich. But usually he's really shy and hides all the time and only comes out to eat when I'm around but he has actually been out every time and actually comes to the glass and he doesn't dart around anymore and he breaths normally.

He's always eaten like a pig. Even when he was covered in ich. But usually he's really shy and hides all the time and only comes out to eat when I'm around but he has actually been out every time and actually comes to the glass and he doesn't dart around anymore and he breaths normally.

Looks like you're making progress. If you're done with the regular cupramine treatment, I would definitely wait a few weeks and see how things go. If things are fine, I would add him to the DT then.

That's so long to wait! Haha. I went ahead and put more cupramine in the tank after I changed the water. I was planning on leaving it for a week which would be until Sunday and then doing a water change and leaving him another week. That wouldn't be enough?

Well when I completely changed the water I didn't clean either of the filters so that I didn't get rid of the beneficial bacteria so I wanted to put cupramine in just in case there was any ich living in the filter or something. I guess just to be safe.

So I switched from my 100(thought was a 120 til I saw someone selling a 100 gallon with the same dimensions as mine) gallon to my new 150 today. When I first started quarantining I had two cardinals two clowns and one other fish. Can't even remember. Well I messed up and put everything in quarantine too soon. Lost everything but the two clowns from ammonia. So two weeks later after the tank was good I bought a scopas tang just to have something to put in my tank besides two clowns after quarantining them. So he's been with nothing but two clowns for a very long time. Well when I switched over to the 150 I went ahead and put my kole tang, sailfin and hawkfish from quarantine in too because theyve been clear for two weeks. My scopas tang is so happy. He is in love with the sailfin. He immediately started following the sailfin around. They've been together since the second I put them in the tank. The kole has been hiding since I put him in there. I saw where he was hiding in the rocks for a little bit now I can't find him again. The hawkfish has been enjoying the Heck out of himself swimming back and forth and landing in rocks and swimming back and forth and landing in different rocks haha. Sorry so long just wanted to post how my fish were doing

He's out swimmin with the other tangs today. Just hides when he sees me lol.

I have a question for any of you still looking at this thread. Once I got the sailfin and the others out of quarantine I started getting a few more. I got a lemon peel angel and I've had him for about a month and half. Have seen no ich on him since I got him. A couple days later I got a barletts anthias. Also have not seen any ich on her since I've had her. A couple weeks later I got an ignitus anthias and also he has not shown any ich. A week after I got the ignitus anthias I started treatment with prazi pro. Did that for a week then started cupramine. Did cupramine for two weeks then my friend got me another ignitus anthias. I've had him in the tank for a week so he's only been treated for cupramine for a week. Yes I acclimated him directly to a cupramine filled tank it was risky but I drip acclimated and he's doing fine and eating and everything. He's been bringing out the other ignitus anthias. That one used to constantly hide now he doesn't. Anyways my question. Since none have shown any ich and the other fish have been treated with cupramine for three weeks even though this anthias has only been treated one week but he has no ich would you guys risk going ahead and moving the fish to the display or give it at least one more week?

I would wait. One more week should not hurt, but trying to save a week and something happening puts you back to square one again.

I've had my 240g fallow since mid-January and was almost going to put fish in at 10 weeks, but decided to give it just a little longer to be sure.

I'd leave it like todd said. And stop adding fish to the qt till the others have completed their treatment.

That is true. If you are adding new fish in with your previously QT'd fish, you are running the risk of exposing them to a fresh batch of something bad.

Yea I understand. A friend bought me the other anthias so had no choice. And I didn't start the treatment until I got the third fish and was ready to start the treatment so those three were on the same treatments. Should I do another dose of prazi for the third anthias added just to be safe or is cupramine enough?

I don't plan on adding another. I wasn't going to add another but my friend got me that one. I wanted to get a few and treat those few which is what I did. I started treatment when I had two anthias and the lemon peel angel and she got me that other anthias two weeks into my treatment. So go ahead and add prazi pro now and for the last week treat with prazi and cupramine or no? Since the last anthias added hasn't been treated with prazi yet

Back
Top Bottom