bi-color blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mle421

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, so i have an empty 30 gallon tank now that i lost two goldfish to dropsy last week. *tear*

But so of course now i'm gonna make it saltwater, in a few months when my friend and i rearrange my room and stick my dresser in my closet so that i can put my tank, (which is currently causing my dresser to bow) on a home-made cinderblock stand.

But my question is my LFS has the cutest little bi-color blenny. which is the fish i've always wanted, they have so much personality! But i only have a 10 gal. setup right now, but the fish is only about 2 inches. can i get him now if i transfer him into the new tank (which will have water and rock from my 10 gal) on May 2. this fish store wont hold him that long, and i really really want him, he's so friendly! TIA!

It would add to your high nitrate problem. You can always wait to get a blenny when your tank is completely set-up. They also like alot of macroalgae to feed on; just in case you don't have any on your rock.

i, know, but i want this certain one! his colors are so bright, and he's so personable. i'm willing to do more water changes for a month. and i have algae.

What else do you have in the 10?
IMO you need to wait if you already have a NO3 issue adding another fish is just going to make problems worse.
Does the blenny eat prepaired foods? Mine does not and he is in my 125 and IMO a 10 gal is not large enough to give the fish enough algae to keep it alive for long period of time. You need to wait... how would you feel if you got it and killed it because your tank was not large enough?
There will be other fish... I waited almost a year till I found my 2nd bi-color..

Back
Top Bottom