Bicolour blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev_g82

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
Yesterday I bought a bicolour blenny and introduced him to my tank, at first he seemed fine and stuck himself into hole in the LR. I've just noticed when he briefly popped out of the hole that his tail fin and part of his dorsal fin have disappeared, I'm not sure of the specific term bit they appear to have gone "spiny"?
Other than a few corals, zoo and pollys, 3 turbos and 2 hermits he is the only swimmer. Nitrates are a little high but all other levels fine.
Could this be a sign of stress??

Thanks

Hard to say. Nitrates would not do that. What else do you have in the tank?

melosu58 said:
Hard to say. Nitrates would not do that. What else do you have in the tank?

Hi there!
When I turned the lights out and put on the night LEDs he came out of the rock and started to explore the tank, excellent I thought! This morning he was on the gravel at the front of the tank... Panic over! Then a couple of hours later i found him between 2 rocks motionless, I put my hand in to move the rock and he was being eaten by a HUGE bristleworm! I thought I had removed the larger ones with my trap and powerheads... He is obviously dead now... Do you think the worm was the reason he lost his fins in the rock?

jev, I don't think so. this is another reason why you should QT a new animal to your tank. It not only keeps disease out of your DT but also gives your new fish a chance get a little TLC.

Back
Top Bottom