Birdsnest Not Loooking so Hot!.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I got my first casualty my birds nest looks like it's dieing. I think with this one it keep falling down so I had to take it out of the water for a few seconds to put the epoxy on it because Super Glue was just not working for it.... I think I might of left it out a few seconds to long.... I believe this may be one of those coral you can't really expose to much air to them.... The other one next to it seems to be doing ok for now... Hopefully that one will work out ok....:D

img_956397_0_d6d0e71e56b0e6868e69ff96e175d7f8.jpg

I was thinking the same thing... I was going to leave it be I just think it is in shock. But i just wanted to get a for sure if it was or not....

Is it normal for some corals just to turn white all of a sudden?

The one in the foreground is toast.

When attaching your frags to the rock work you should super glue them to a small plug or piece of rock then epoxy the rock/plug to the reef. The epoxy probably caused RTN from smothering the lower polyps which set off a chain reaction.

Usually if a coral turns lighter or white it`s because of bleaching. Could be because of lighting or water params.

My water parameters should be ok I just posted them then other day... I may have put that particular piece mid-level to quickly the piece behind it was already in HL so I figured it would be ok.... Putting it mid level....

Back
Top Bottom