Black spots on Cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkchaser

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a sailfin tang about 2 weeks ago, and the tang is fine, but I have noticed black spots on my cleaner shrimp, in the last week. The shrimp has been around for about a month. There has been no behavior changes with it, just the black spots on its back. any ideas?

When was the last time he molted? One of our cleaner shrimp also had black spots, but on his side. When he molted a few days ago, the black spots came off with his molt.

HTH
Chris

Well the shrimp molted on Tues, and the black stuff was gone. The shrimp has been clean since, until this morning. Now there is once again black stuf all over its back. I'll try to get a picture later. Also one of my snails now has it on its back as well. Any Ideas?

thats wierd, because i dont think inverts can get parasites. maybe they need a bath...except for that their whole life is a bath!
steve

Lysmata amboinensis (De Man 1888), the Indo-Pacific White-Striped Cleaner Shrimp or Ambon Shrimp. Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

I'll get a picture up soon.

My cleaner shrimp has recently started with the same thing. He has 3 spots on each side. He is also acting normal. He has molted 4 times in the past 3.5 months

I just noticed last night that my shrimp has the same thing on both side of the head. From my readings, some said that it is due to age and nothing to worry about, but other said it is a disease. So, I still don't know what happened?

My cleaner shrimp had a few black spots exaclty likes these and it just went away after a month or so. Haven't seen any since. that was about 4 months ago.

Same here, my 2 cleaners have these markings as well but not quite as bad

Well, the spots on mine are gone now and he didn't molt. I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom