black sun polyp help please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChazYork

Aquarium Advice Regular
i recently purchased a black sun polyp coral..all water params are at 0 except nitrates are at 5ppm, salinity 1.025, ph 8.4...i've had this coral for a week now and the polyps have not opened. i tried the 2 liter bottle target feeding to bring the polyps out and it didnt work, i used marine snow for the feeding. they are mid level with slight flow...any other ideas to help me out would be great, they look beautiful if they come out. TIA...also using PC lights

They do not need any light. Move them to the bottom of the tank. Marine snow will do nothing for them. Use the 2 liter and feed them some mysis shrimp. They want meaty food. They will come out when you show them some good food. :wink: If you have some cyclopeeze put a little in with the mysis.

They need to be on the bottom under a ledge if possible. I have the orange type. Mine only come out to eat after the lights go out.

What about multicolored sand polyups? Mine are still closed after more than a week since I moved them fro mthe bottom of the tank to mid-range.

They take weeks to come out once you move them,whether its to another tank or in the same week. The two groups I have it was 3-4 weeks till they came out.

Back
Top Bottom