bleached green star polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SassyAngel111

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was given by a FS a bleached star polyp that was brought into them. I need to find out should I have this coral shaded from the light or should I have it up as high as possible in the tank? And what else can I do to try to bring it back quickly?

AS of 4 days ago here are the test results:
NH4 = 0
PO4 = 0
NO3 = .25
NO2 = 0
CA 440
ALK = 2.74
PH = 8.00
SAL = 1.027
Temp = 79

This i the best pic I could get with my camera.

Forgot the tank is a 90gl with 6 bulb T-5 54 watts each, a Remora Pro skimmer, #4 hydro PH plus a Sieo M840 PH

Attachments

• dsc00278_166.jpg
    dsc00278_166.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 106
I would place it in low light, mid-bottom of the tank, for now until it can adjust to your parameters. A medium flow area would be best as well.

That is about were I have it mid-bottom of the tank and a medium flow area and as for lighting I would have to place it under a ledge to get it out of the light

I'd just leave it and give it some time. I'm having my doubts that it is a star polyp mat but maybe it's just in that bad a shape. To me it looks more like an encrusting gorgonian. Erythropodium caribaeorum, maybe. Just give it some time and see what happens. Good luck.

Fluff, The guy at the FS said that some one had brought it in since it was bleached and he was tearing down his tank, you can see the little star polyps aft the lights has been on for an hour or so. I will leave it were it as and see what happens with it.

Thanks everyone for a quick reply.

Happy
Tanking

SassyAngel111 said:
Fluff, The guy at the FS said that some one had brought it in since it was bleached and he was tearing down his tank, you can see the little star polyps aft the lights has been on for an hour or so. I will leave it were it as and see what happens with it.

I understand. :) The mat just looks wrong, and the polyps that are showing do not look like gps to me. Just offering another opinion but I could be wrong. I hope they come around for you. Most of the time all these things need are time and good water to rebound completely. Can't wait to see their progress. :)

Back
Top Bottom