Blenny Abdomen Bloat - Successful Treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlkng1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I wanted to post this in the event someone else comes across the same problem. I have a Tail Spot blenny in quarantine as a new arrival; he has been there for two weeks now as of this past Saturday. A few days ago I noticed the abdomen looked distended. It wasn’t extreme but there was a definite break in the lower line of the body. A couple of days later, the fish was still eating and er, eliminating, but there was a definitive bloat to the abdomen.
I know another poster here had a very similar problem so I decided to treat. After some investigation, I used Maracyn-Two, the freshwater version as it was the only one I had on hand. After two days of treatment the bloat is nearly completely gone.
Granted I am not out of the woods yet as I still have three days of treatment but the fish was active and eating last night and gave me a particularly disgruntled Blenny look this morning when I turned on the light to check on him. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom