Blind Huma Huma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robocop

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think my Huma Huma has gone blind or something. It’s been gradual over the last few weeks. I’ve noticed during feeding it could barley find the food when it use to be able to attack like crazy. It would dart at the food like it could barley see it. I can wave things if front of it and it does not move and it stays sleep all day(like it’s bed time). I’ve had it for over a year and a half now and I’ve been treating if for Velvet. I treatment with Cupramine about 7wks ago. I treated it for 14day per the instructions. The velvet disappeared. I’m still leaving the main tank fallow for another 2wks to be totally sure the disease is gone. It’s been 8wks so far. The levels in the tank are ok (Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, PH, KH, SG) My other fish are doing fine. It’s not fully grown but the other fish will not dare pick on it because it use to run the tank. What could have caused this? Is there any treatment? Will its vision return?

Back
Top Bottom