BLUE LEGGED DISASTER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilikefish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased 3 blue legged hermits the other day from the LFS and i floated them for 20 and then drip acclimated them. I drop them in the tank and i watch them scuttle around in the sand eating up junk for about 2 mintues. I start to watch a little tv and about 5 minutes later i look into the tank and 2 of them are eating my bullseye mushroom!WHAT is up with that? i thought they were supposed to be reef safe. By the time i plucked them off 2 mushrooms were destroyed.... :evil:

All animals are different from one another, tendencies are not absolute.
Sorry this happened. :(

All 30 of my blue leggeds leave the coral alone. They crawl on it and clean it, but that's it.

When I started my tank I had half blue legged and half red hermits. The blue leggs grew so fast and ate everything in their way. They ate a bunch of my snails. They got so big that I caught them and traded them back at the LFS. Only have red and red tip hermits now with a much happier tank.

That must be frustrating. Sorry that happened. :( Glad I didn't impulse buy one last night tho...

Back
Top Bottom