Blue Tang Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iflyhi335

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum . Purchased a Blue Tang a week ago ... The fish is eating healthy and appears to be swimming normally but it is rubbing itself raw in the rocks and now appears to have a burnt appearance behind the eyes along the black lateral line.... Anybody know what this is?? My reef shop owner says it is not ich and all other fish appear normal. Water parameters are looking good . (98 gallon)Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks. BV

418e601d5c470a0a2b891ef992ff1fb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard about it. Wasn't sure. Thanks!!

RM gave you a good link for tangs. Sometimes they just flash It could be something but it might not be anything but keep your eyes open.

from the look of the pitting around the eyes, it has had HLLE for longer than the week you have had it and the store owner/employee should have known/saw it.

Buyer beware. ;)

No doubt. Will keep a better eye on it next. For now isolation tank vitamin C dosing and trying to vary the diet. The store only had him/ her on mysis. Trying to introduce algae in the diet. Any other suggestion are greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom