brain coral ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueAbyss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
anyone know what type of a brain coral comes in blue? I have looked everywhere and can't find it. all I see is the red, green, pink sort of colors. anyway I will try to post a picture later. thanks for your time :)

Jenn

:D

thanks for the suggestion, but it isn't that sort of brain coral, I'll see if I can't get a picture on today.

somehow I don't think it's a pineapple coral. It just doesn't have the polyp like structuer to it. hmm a mystery...

Possibly, but it looks like Blastomussa wellsi to me....

blastamosa01.jpg

If you'll look at this pic, you'll see where it is very full it's polyps take on a different look. When disturbed, does it retract into individual polyps or is it one polyp?

if I remember right it is one, and scrolly like a brain, it has the sort of skeleton that a brain/hammer/elegance has.

The pet store didn't know what it was, they got it in as a trade in, all they knew was that it was a brain, buto idea what kind.

I do appreciate you guys trying to help me figure it out.

we found out from the guy that owns the pet store what kind it is (two guys own it, 1st one didn't know, 2nd one did) he says it's a blue Wellsophyllia. Thanks for your help though!

Back
Top Bottom