Branching Torch not doing well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys my i have a problem my torch coral was doing so well like a week back but was not opening entirely i thought it was because to much light was hitting it so i moved it to a spot wit alil more shade nd its closed up alil more so i moved it back to the original spot and it closed up entirely i dont know what could be wrong with it it wierd because all my other coral is doing really good its the only one that is acting strange all my levels are fine all fish are great i cant see what could be the problem

It needs moderate light/moderate flow and near pristine water conditions.

Make sure there is plenty of room around (aprox 6") it as it sends out sweepers at night that will attack any nearby neighbors.

Inspect it for signs of bacterial infection (e.g. brown jelly disease), and for filamentous algae growth taking over in any area affected by tissue recession

Also pictures might help.

I have a few questions. What kind of lighting do you have? What kind of flow is it getting? Can you post your water test numbers?

Sorry about that. What was some of the things that happened to it so we can try to figure out what happened. Was their a brown jelly like substance on it?

well no it kind of just shriveled up for a few days and then when i did a water change about 2 days ago there was completly nothing in it exept for the sketon
when it was shriviling up it was bright green the whole time i had some phospate remover in the sump for a few weeks i just took out mabey that had something to do with it i have no clue

as a matter of fact a braching hammer frag i has also died

Two corals going down at the same time isn't a coincidence, I'd definitely start doing some dectective work to find out whats going wrong. By chance, what type of lights are you using and how long have you had them?

i have no idea what happened i had the branching hammer for a long time like 4 months around there

What kind of phosphate remover were you using? Arent some of them consider BAD for the reef tank? As in, they leach out aluminum? Maybe you stired something up when pulling out the phosphate remover? How are your other critters doing? Sounds like they were poisened. Mine seem to take alot of abuse from the other critters in my tank as well as me messing around with their placement and constant poking while trying to clean around them. They suck themselves inside out (or is that outside in?) yet come back out to play a few hours later. Id think they would need something especially nasty to cause such a reaction.

Matt

i was using phosban and a green phosphate sponge thing my bubble coral is fine so are the mushrooms and my fish are fine xeina is good hand wave coral button polyps and star polyps are all good jus those braching corals died on mee

have you checked your calcium levels? They could be low..also where were the corals placed? The hammer, frog, and torch shouldn't be placed in the sand since the sand can irritate their base

Back
Top Bottom