Brown jelly disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a 6-7 head hammer, and one of the outer heads has been receding. It's actually been receding for a little over a week now. Actually now that I think of it, I don't think it ever grew a mouth, I think it was just an extension of the head next to it, anyways. That extension is now gone. Wondering what could have done it? Should I dip it?

image-1163968190.jpg

Is it covered in a jelly like substance? If so, frag off the infected head. Sorry:(

I don't think it is, if it was everything would be gone by now I think because from what I've heard it only takes a few hours for the jelly to kill everything

And how do u frag a hammer? I've never fragged anything

Antec said:
I don't think it is, if it was everything would be gone by now I think because from what I've heard it only takes a few hours for the jelly to kill everything

Well..whats it look like? Just a dead head?

You would use a razor, or sharp item to cut the head off.

Looks like it does in the picture, not really a dead head, just no head lol

Can anyone tell me step by step of how to frag a hammer? Like where and how deep?

Is it a branching hammer or is it one long solid row of connected heads (sorry I forget the name for these kind). If its a branching hammer just use some side cutters and cut the skeleton off where it branches. This will also allow you to move the effected head to quarantine and see if it recovers or if it's a goner.

So I'm gonna cut through tissue if I cut the skeleton correct?

So do I cut the whole skeleton or can I just cut the piece of tissue?

Cut the skeleton and then you can remove the effected tissue attached to the skeleton. That is how you frag it FYI.

Back
Top Bottom