Brown on the edges of Echinophyllia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattdean

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just aquired a beautiful piece of Echinophyllia. I don't recall seeing brown on it at the store, but I definitely have some on it now. Is this simply it's way of acclimating? Or is there something I need to do to help it out before it dies on me? Nothing seems to be bothering it.

My water parameters are all golden. I have 4 VHO bulbs (1 actinic, 1 10k, 2 22K blues)

Here's a pic.

Attachments

• chalice.jpg
    chalice.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 70
My guess is it's just reacclimating itself to it's new lighting, but that's just a guess. Seems like many corals shift colors from when you first get them... or at least that's been my experience.

Thanks Kurt,

that is what I'm hoping is the situation. I have no other place to put the coral and it is so perfect for the spot it's in.

Cheers

I replaced two of the bulbs to higher quality. Replaced the 10K and Actinic with a DUO 17K white and a Fiji Purple bulb. Hopefully that will do it!

Well, I moved it down to the sand, but there is a small part of exposed skeleton in the upper middle edge and one on the back lower edge. I brought it back to the reef store. He cut the sections out and kept it there for a couple of days to observe and hopefully fix any problems.

He asked me if another coral was touching it, but there aren't any within a few inches and none that reach out at night.

Weird.

Back
Top Bottom