BTA in powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
We just got a large BTA today and as soon as the lights went out he started moving and got stuck in the powerhead. Not sure for how long, maybe 20 mins? Can he recover? He's still alive but all stringy looking and open and he lost tenticles. I'm so upset. Anything I can do?

Been there and lost it. Mine took about 3 weeks before it got stuck. All you can do is put it some where safe and hope. If it dies remove it ASAP. Good luck!

Thank you. He's moving himself to where he wants to go. He's getting more bubbly but not perfect. I guess we'll see how he looks in the morning.

He was looking great and he moved a few inches in between some rocks and now he is completely closed up. Ugh. I hope he survives.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I bought a Long tentacle anenome the lfs talked me into it I only had a 10g tank and it was not matured this was before I really knew anything and he moved around alot but was siting behind the rock and the glass wall and touching the heater (that thing gets hot obviously) he was like you mentioned all stringy and shrunk up very small didnt open or move around much after that I ended up having to toss him :(

Back
Top Bottom