BTA not doing so good?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeferhead911

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all BTA not doing so hot it was out really nice this AM ate well now off its rock and all sucked up also water parameters are spot on? Any ideas please help.

Attachments

• image-1693894188.jpg
    image-1693894188.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1818805852.jpg
    image-1818805852.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 82
Do you have a picture that's no so blue?

It's hard to see what he looks like, but here's where my mind is jumping to. You said it ate really well. What did you feed it and how often are you doing that? I feed my carpet anemone maybe once per week and my long tentacle about half as often. Each one gets half of a silverside at a time max. they actually should get most of their nutrition from their zooxanthellae like a coral and shouldn't need to be fed often.

From what I can see, the anemone just looks like it shrunk, which they do from time to time to change their water and expel waste. The mouth seems closed and the foot looks OK, so I wouldn't be too worried at this point. give it a day or two and see what it looks like. Don't try and move it from where it's attached.

The cause of a lot of anemone troubles goes back to just a few things: physical trauma (sometimes from aggressive clowns or during collection / shipping) , water quality, insufficient light, and overfeeding.

Well Rutrag thanks for the advice the BTA just moved I guess.. Now it's open again and looking great man this fish tank stuff can get scary sometimes... Also any tips on getting a clown fish to host it had to take my clarkii out she was to aggressive but traded her for a black and white clown that won't host yet??? Thanks again

Some people claim to have had luck putting a picture of clowns in an anemone up against the glass. My cinnamon went into its Hadon's nem after a few months. My ocellaris went into their long tentacle after a few months as well. (The LT used to be the cinammon's, but I swapped it with the Hadon's becasue of the layout of the the two tanks.) the female ocellaris actually hosted a clam first and the male hosted a chalice coral.

Back
Top Bottom