BTA pulled a houdini!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceanjunkie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Went to bed last night only to wake to find my bta gone. I have pulled all the rock and still nothing. The water was cloudy and smelled bad so I did a water change. I was wondering if this has happened to anybody. It will be a 6 months or more before I add another.

Is there goo on any of your pump impellers? Sounds like he got chopped up

I didn't see anything other than a chunk of it on the sand bed. I tore all the rock apart twice and found nothing.

He must have because he's gone. I'm going to do another water change in a few days just to make sure of no spikes in my parameters.

You`ll need to do several PWC`s to make sure it does not foul up the tank. How old is your tank? They require a mature tank of at least a year old. Water parameters are more stable by then.

My tank is 4 months old but the wife wanted it with the new clown fish. She has to wait for about 6 months before we get another one.

They will move around less with a mature tank. You`ll be glad you waited. In the mean time some frequent PWC`s are needed because of the demise of the other one. Sorry about what happened.

Thanks I will probably do 10gals on Tuesday and 10gals on Friday. I just need to slow down and stop taking my wife with me to the store. Lol I'm happy she likes the tank just as much as I do.

Back
Top Bottom