bta questions.....and possible demise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr.Nate

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I got my first BTA on Thurs....nice and pretty. Had a great spot for him, and of corse within 2 hours he moved to the far corner and has stayed really low. He still looked healthy until Sat., at which point his bulbs were shrinking up and so was he. I have a cleaner shrimp who has been harrassing him pretty badly. Because he looked bad Sat, I fed him a piece of frozen mysis (all I had). Within an hour, he was blown up and healthy looking again....but it didn't last. Now, on Monday, he's smaller than he's ever been and all shriveled up. My cleaner shrimp is continuing to make him miserable (or so it appears).

I know you're gonna ask, so here's my water parameters...
trite..0
trate...0
amm...0
sg....1.025
CA....420
Kh....7
Ph...8.1
temp...79

So, does he stand a chance? My lighting is 4.7wpg, but he is in a corner and low too and I don't know how he could be getting much light, but wouldn't he just move up in the tank if this were the case? Is it possible that the cleaner shrimp could harrass him to death? Any thoughts would be appreciated, especially since I've never had an anemone before

usally after a feeding they will shrivel up and digest their food. And yes your shrimp could potentially harass him to death. Just keep a close eye on it. If it doesnt come back to full blown tips within a day or two, its most likely dead or real close to it. I just lost one of my 3 anemones because the clowns werent doing their job. They took its food rather then bringing it food.

Back
Top Bottom