BTA split twice in a month?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dasjestyr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My rose anemone split twice in a month, should I be concerned? Ive heard two sides to the story; that anemone's splitting is normal, but also that that their splitting is a sign of stress. Advice?

155g
150w MH w/ 5xT5 actinic @ 10000K
sg .025
amonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate unreadable
calcium ~400ppm
9dkh
ph 8

no other stressed corals

tried giving them some squid today, 2 of them spit it out, the largest one ate it

dasjestyr said:
155g
150w MH w/ 5xT5 actinic @ 10000K
sg .025
amonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate unreadable
calcium ~400ppm
9dkh
ph 8

no other stressed corals

tried giving them some squid today, 2 of them spit it out, the largest one ate it

Normal. Bta's can and do split very fast when given good parameters. The only thing i woukd be concerned with is what your going to do with that many BTA's if it keeps that rate up lol.

my bubble anemone split, and it looks like they bothcould split again to, i do feed them every other day, they never move . thats a sign that they are happy, talked to the petstore , they said they would give credit or trade something if i get to crowded.

Such great news. I woke up this morning and noticed that my gbta split. I was stressed out originally, but after reading a few threads I'm much more relieved.

Back
Top Bottom