Bubble tip anemone shrinking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daylilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my bubble tip anemone for about 3 or 4 months the most. When I got him he was so big and beautiful buy after a while he stopes eating sometimes and moved around a lot and was turning white. He was a nice neon orangish pink when I got him.
For the past month he is in the same place but looks so small to me and doesn't fully extend. I never see the bubbles there just thin tenticals. I try to feed it but he just closes up right away. What's wrong with him
I have HO T5 lighting. Water is always good. I keep my regular changes. There is a anemone crab living on him is that ok?

Please help

Attachments

• image-1423110617.jpg
    image-1423110617.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 423
whats your phosphate and trates readings,also when you do water changes do you match salinity,what about your top off,ro/di how often?

I don't know my P
But my trates are always under 10
I do a water change every two weeks. I know last week a few of my snails died and it really smell bad I have to do a water change this weekend
I do match the salinity it'd 1.025
I top off my water with distilled water
I just dont understand why he is like this all my other things are doing well. Even noticed a new branch on my torch!

Should I be using r/o water?

do you feed it seperately from the fish? what is your lighting?

Yes I feed it separately yesterday I tried scallops no luck
I have 4 t5 HO 54 watts each two antics and two white

Planning in getting led lights soon

Looks more like a cundy anemone or a seabe anemone........ I say this cause Imve never seen a bubble tip anemone with pink tips....anyway the green bubble tip and rose bubble tip anemone need at least 8hrs day of light.... And moderate to low flow.... My RBTA started to get small when the temp in my tank got hot :-/
And when I started to dose hydrogen peroxide ..... When I stop it went back to normal. Well after some water change.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom