Bullying Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scubasteve

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,
Let me start by saying this hobby is starting to stress me out between fish dying and now this... i think i'm nearing the end.
I had bought 2 clowns fairly small in size and they were in a quarantine for 6 weeks. Finally moved them into my 72gallon tank which only had a bicolor angel and 3 chromis. Now 2 weeks ago one chromi bit the dust had no idea why no signs of disease. Now today I go down and one of the clowns was stuck in the filter dead. I watched the tank for a few minutes and saw the bicolor angel would charge the other clown any time it got near it. The clown is in very good shape though and looks great. Does anyone have any suggestions. I knocked down all the rocks and rearranged them to try and give a different environment but so far it doesn't seem like its working. I'm really losing hope all around :?

Maybe you could take the Angel out and put him in QT for a few days/weeks. Then re-arrange the rockwork, and add him back in. If that doesnt work, then its probably because he is the biggest fish in the tank. So he feels he is most powerful. So maybe if you bought a fish of same size, or bigger... he wouldnt feel so powerful. But I would try to QT him for at least a week and re-arrange the rockwork. HTH!

I would think the chromis would be more likely suspects than the angel.
How are your water parameters?
MFD (mysterious fish death) does occur and we never know why. In this case though you havd had two fish die in a short period of time. How long between the losing the chromis and the clown?

Back
Top Bottom